Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Monday, March 25, 2013

Seeing the Changes

Goodmorning, Everyone! I know it's been a while since I posted. In fact, I've tried several times to upload a post from my computer, in which all failed because I would fall asleep. I figured that it wasn't meant for me to post, so I didn't push it.

Today is different though, I'm not on my computer, however, I'm posting from my phone. I just wanted to share the progress of my home building. I believe God has allowed peace to come into our home. And that makes me so happy. In my studies, I find that He's been dealing with me personally about my body being the temple He created it to be for Him to dwell in. It seems that over a period of time I have allowed some toxins to come in and pollute my temple. The one reason for this cause has been that I've been walking by sight and not by faith. I've been allowing what I've seen with my eyes to be my driving force. All the while, it hasn't taken me anywhere, but has caused me to stand still. Thank God for change.

This morning in my studies, I read about Nathanael's encounter with Jesus. Jesus told Nathanael that there was no deceit in him. When Nathanael wanted to know how Jesus knew this, Jesus stated, "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you." Nathanael answered and said to Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!" (John 1:48, 49)

Jesus' response to Nathanael is what I really want to focus on today. He said to Nathanael that because I said these things, you  believe. He told Nathanael that he would see greater things. I found what He told Nathanael to be profound. Why? Because of what Jesus did. All He did was speak to Nathanael and it caused him to believe. It was what He said to him. My question to you is, what is Jesus saying to you?

We as sons and daughters of God should be going by the Word of God alone. Jesus said that His sheep know His voice. If that is the case, why do we have a hard time believing what He says? I realize that I don't want to live any other way than believing in God's word. God told me to build my home. That's what I'm going to do. I believe what He says.

~Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment