Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Monday, March 11, 2013

Planning it Out


Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!


Goodmorning my beautiful readers! It's Monday, the first day of my home building journey. I'm so excited! I mentioned in my last post that I would be blogging about steps that I will be taking towards building my home. It's funny because as I'm blogging, I'm watching "Kelly and Michael". And on the show, they are honoring Unstoppable Moms. The mother's name is Mary Lou. I tell you, God knows just what to do at the right time. Wow. I'm always amazed.

Well the reason I mentioned her is because, as her daughter describes her day-to-day tasks, she is giving a play-by-play of her schedule by time. She apparently wakes up at 4:30 every morning and she's in the bed by 12 midnight. She does the same thing everyday at the same time. When her children give their reason for why she does it, they say it's because she wants to teach them to be successful. Can I point out that the main word is teach. This is something that I have not really done with my own. Just watching Mary Lou's play out of her daily routine shows me how important teaching is. Ironic it is, because all my life I've wanted to be a teacher. God has given me children that I may be able to teach them and I've not really taught them anything. But that day has come to an end.

I start today by planning out my day. All the while, I'm praying that God will help me to be consistent as well as diligent. I'm not going to worry about starting and stopping. I must be careful not to feed into the enemy's tactics. I'm just going to take it one-day-at-a-time. When I first read "A Woman After God's Own Heart", Elizabeth George stated that we should plan. And every time I think of the word plan, a scripture comes to mind.

Proverbs 16:9 says, A man's heart plans his way,
but the LORD directs his steps.
 
This scripture tells me that I am supposed to plan but when I plan, I am to allow God to direct the steps that I take in bringing the plan to pass. I have not yet sat down to completely plan out my day. I must seek the face of my Father so that I will be doing according to as He wills me. I want to make sure that I am prioritizing my plans the right way. I have been filled with hope. And I believe that my family and I are well on our way to becoming the house and home where God can truly dwell.
 
I've started planning with simple tasks such as meal planning, appointments, and things of that nature. I must be careful though and use wisdom. I must allow time for fitting in my husband's to do's. I'm really trying to do good to him. He deserves that from me. My family deserves that from me. I'm excited! Works will follow my faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment