Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Friday, March 1, 2013

Lord, Help Me Do Good to My Family


     "Lord, help me do good to my family." These words have been coming out of my mouth all day long. And for good reason. After my conviction yesterday, I realized I really need to change. I love my family. My husband and children are my world. One of these days, I will introduce you to them. But this drive that I have to do good to them comes from my loving my heavenly Father more. God did not put me here for no reason at all. No, He created me for a purpose to fulfill His purpose.

     Yesterday, I recall setting about all day to do good to my husband while my children were at school. I read a lot of blogs of women homeschooling their children. I don't. Mine go to public schools which is another subject alone.  Today, though, I wanted to do something special for all of them. I decided to give them a "taco & burrito night". I went to the local Walmart, bought the ingredients, and went home to prepare. I even bought cookies to bake. Were they surprised? Yes!

My son's response: "My mama, gave us a buffet!" (laugh out loud)

     My husband has this thing where, if he sees me doing something good, he comes to feel my forehead to make sure I'm okay. I know, sounds bad doesn't it. He cracks me up with his sense of humor. But everytime he does it, it makes me ponder in my heart. It makes me wonder just how much am I not doing for the people who are to be my first priority.

     I'll have to admit, doing good to them does make me feel good. And I visualize the peace that it's going to bring to my home. I know that I'm just beginning, but I'm going to take this one day at a time. I believe that my biggest setback is when I contemplate the work that I have to put in. As I'm typing right now, a question comes to mind.......... "Why are they not worth it to me?"

     I must prayerfully take this to my Father above that He may give me an answer and allow peace to fill my heart.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment