Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Progress So Far

Today has been a really good day. It started out with us sending the children off to school of course. Then my husband and I had to make a special trip to D'Iberville. Turns out something went wrong with the filing of my taxes. I ended up haviing to go pick up my paperwork for it to be mailed off. But with the help of our oldest son, we found a way around it. A good way that is. I filed them myself through an online free tax site. Everything checked out just as was predicted with the AARP.

We have prayer every Wednesday at church from 12 noon to 1:00pm. Because of the tax preparation, we got there at about 12:30pm and didn't get done 'til around 1:30pm. I got home in time enough to have dinner ready before the children got home from school. It's always a plus when that happens. And it makes me feel really good. I'm starting to love the idea of cooking. Planning out dinner menus is exciting. I have found a way that I get to be creative as well as try out new dinner dishes. Another thing, I love being at home when my children get out of school. I don't get to have as much time as I'd like with them because I go to school at night. And I haven't always made the best of the time I've had with them. But I wake up everyday with a new chance. God is so good!

Our Bible Study is also on Wednesdays. Before we went, I had the children read the Bible in preparation for the lesson they would have. That turned out somewhat challenging. Very observant, I am. I found that children are so easily distracted. I kept wondering if that was because we do not make them read on a daily basis. And when they do read, they've had so much other stuff to occupy them, they can't focus on the Word of God. I hate to say this, but it's as if the Word is boring to them. It baffles me how satan has us duped. Here we have it, people like Martin Luther King and so many others before him fought for us to have equal rights and privileges. There was a time that our anscestors were not taught to read because they were black slaves and treated like trash. And now, we have the opportunity to read whatever we want and we can't even pick up a book. We won't even spend a minute reading. It's sad and it hurts. I mean really, that's like slapping Jesus and all of those who paved the way of faith in the face. Where is our thanks and gratitude? I think about things like that.

I don't ever want to seem ungrateful about anything. I mean, this is a blog and I'm having a problem using the word "I" so much. Life is a beautiful thing. Ever since I was a little girl, I can always remember being so grateful just to be living. I thank God.  I know that you keep seeing me reference to my Father above. What's a girl supposed to do when she has such an awesome Father? The progress that I've made so far looks like it is supposed to look.......one day at a time. May seem small to others. But it's big to me. It's big to Him. Where I am weak, my Brother is always strong.

Who is the King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty,
the LORD mighty in battle.
(Psalm 24:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment