Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Saturday, March 2, 2013

Letters

Last night as I was doing research for blogging, I came across a blog post called "Leave a Written Testimony for Your Children", by Christin Slade. It reminded me about a time some years ago (2009) when I felt a leading to write personalized letters to my children daily. Back then, I wanted to leave my children with something to cherish for the rest of their lives. But like everything else, I started.........that's just it. Me keeping the process going didn't last long at all.
 
     I tell ya, you know the things you that you have a passion for by the burning sensation that you feel inside and the excitement that is in your heart when you think of the idea of it. I'm feeling that way right now. Being that I am a stay-at-home-mom right now, what better time to start than today!
 
     My children probably think that I don't pay much attention to them. They could be right (another area of my self-examination; cultivating my relationship with my children). The article that I read speaks of journaling about your children; writing prayers for them on specific days of the week and so on. Truth be told, I'm really excited about this. I have always desired to have a close bond with my children (the three that I birthed from my womb). I would be lying to you if I told you that I had such a close bond with them now. You can read about why I say that on my Confession of a Selfish Mother page. I have so much to do.

     Starting these personalized journals are a stepping stone to building my relationship with my children. I desire to pay so much attention to them. I want to study them. I want to know their personal language of love. I want to listen to them with great interest in what they have to say. I just want to build. Hey, isn't this what this blog is all about.....building? I'm so ready to lay the first brick. I thank and praise God for a giving me a new perspective. Blessings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment