Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Thursday, March 7, 2013

Judgment or Persecution?

One night I had a dream that my husband and I were walking down the road. It was night time, the stars were out. All of a sudden, my husband sensed that something was coming. So he grabbed me and pulled us over into a ditch. I asked him what was that for? He responded that a tornado was coming. And it did. It began to get real windy. I looked up and overhead there was a dark, black funnel twirling in the road. I covered my face and I prayed. I felt protected though because my husband was a shield for me.

Then the funnel stopped. What was released was small light puffy clouds of dew. They were like a mist over us. I can;t explain their sigificance. I dropped my head so as to cover my face. Then I felt an immediate calm. I looked up again only to see what looked like an ice cold finger pointing at me. There was a silhouette of a face. It was dark so I couldn't see who it was. But I saw this huge finger. As the finger pointed at me, I heard a voice. It was loud and boisterous. The voice said, "Judgment!" I woke up immediately afterwards. It was probably early morning around 2 or 3am. I pondered for a moment on what the dream meant.

Any time I have a dream that seems to have a godly significance, I always ask the Holy Spirit to help me understand. I don't want to miss anything that God is saying or revealing to me. So that was my prayer. I fell back to sleep. When I woke back up, I told my husband. In a way I sensed that I knew what the dream meant. But I wanted clarity. A few weeks later I received my answer. An event took place that helped me understand what God was saying. I won't go into detail about the event but I will say that it opened my eyes to see that I was not taking care of my home.

Last year, I prayed to God that He would teach me how to be a woman after His heart. I was feeling like my house was being torn apart before my eyes. I wasn't happy with what I was seeing in my children nor was I happy with what I was seeing in myself. As I finished my prayer, the Holy Spirit had me look into a bag. In that bag was a book by Elizabeth George titled, "A Woman After God's Own Heart".

I picked the book up went straight to the table of contents.

A Woman After God's Own Heart       


This book spoke of everything that my heart was desiring. And my heart still is. But at the time this book served as answer to my prayers. I read it, highlighted, made a vow to practice what I read, and reread the book again. I knew then what God expected of me. I made a vow to do just that. This year, I said, was going to be the year I spend building my home. This year was the year I said I would get my priorities in order. This book was my guide. It broke down those important areas for me while giving me strategies I could use and put into practice. It was God's answer to my heart's prayer.

Through this book, God helped me understand what my dream was all about. Judgment had come to my house. Let me first say, that God's judgments are good judgments. He's no respector of person's. Therefore, He renders what will be of benefit to us whether for our good or our bad. Good if we choose good, bad if we choose bad. We make the choice. In this case, the judgment was for my good. God expects something of me. I am to take care of my home. I had and have not been doing that. I passed the baton to my husband and allowed him to take that responsibility all by himself.

I have come to realize the error of my ways. Having a well buildt home on the foundation of the Word of God is something that I crave daily. I long to please God with my life, my whole heart. I am realizing though, that it's not going to happen by me sitting back and allowing my husband to do everything. No, I have a responsibility too, if not the biggest. I am the center of the home. I am the one who keeps it together. And because I have not filled that responsibility, I have been tearing down my home.

My heart yet screams of all the right things to do. It's so loud to where it seems as if I'm doing them while putting forth no real effort at all. But now, those days of just sitting and wishing while passing my baton are over. I'm ready to build.  My family needs me. My husband, my children.... they need me. People are talking. People I live with. I share a house with my mother & sister-in-law. It's them, two grandchildren and us, my family.  This whole thing of me passing my baton is causing there to be no peace in the lives of those around me. And when the issue is addressed, I feel as if I'm being persecuted. Shame on me!

Reality doesn't take long to sit in when I realize that it's all apart of God's judgment. Correction must take place. It's my job to make sure it does. So I start today of keeping my eyes open for every area of my home that God sees out of order. I'm building upon a sure foundation. I'm keeping my eyes on Jesus.

 
"And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light,
and thy judgment as the noonday.
(Psalm 37:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment