Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Running on Empty

Time to Refuel....

 
 
     Ever felt as if you were running on empty? Tired and drained. Like you're not as close to God as you want to be. This is the way I feel right now. At this time I know I need to refuel. Why, you may ask. I can only give you two reasons:(1) My focus is off (2) I haven't pressed into His presence.

     There are times in my life when I get to focusing too much on what's in front of me that I lose focus of what's really important. When these moments come, God always sings this song over me, Restore Me by Anthony Evans. When I first heard this song, I kneeled and I cried. It was like at that moment God was refueling me with hope. He yet again reassured that my He loves me. Satan loves those moments where you feel everything but who God says that you are. He feeds off of them like a leech to it's prey. Anything to get you off balance to where you are not on fire for God anymore and you're not fulfilling your purpose.

    I ask the Lord to rebuke him on our behalf. I know that I am not the only one who goes through this. We all have these moments I'm sure not all at the same time. How do you handle yours when it comes? Do you ignore it and then seek to fill it with some earthly passion? Or do you do as I, by acknowledging that you are just a mere mortal in need of your Savior?

     God is the only one who can fill any void that takes place in our lives. I believe He allows us to experience them in order that we may not forget where He brought us from. I believe He allows these very moments as the one I'm having right now so that He can give something to me (us). He can replenish me and restore me. Jesus, when He prayed, asked that God not remove us from the world but keep us from evil. Therefore, I conclude that He knows that we will have moments like this where we feel anything less than our best. But the key that we must use is the one of drawing near.


But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
that I may declare all thy works.
(Psalm 73:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment