Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Friday, March 8, 2013

Priorities

The First Step




Ever wonder why it seems as if your family life is out of whack? This the question I had to ask myself. It was more of in a prayer to God. And as you know, the answer was revealed. It had to do with my priorities. They were out of order. Truth be told, they still are. But I can't sit and let them be that way. I've got to do something about them.

I've always prided myself on making God my first priority. He has my time before I ever do anything else in my day. Although, lately that hasn't been the case. My focus has been somewhat off and I feel as if I'm pressured on all sides. The circumstance before me, building my home, has me worried. I feel as if I'm going to miss something; like going in that direction when I should have gone in this one. Truth be told, I'm scared. I have messed up so much in my life that I don't know if I can take one more setback. No, these are not supposed to be my thoughts. They are. And only I can do something about them. 2 Corinthians 10:5 says, "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; This is what I'm supposed to do about them. Am I always successful? No. But yet I still push forward. I'm determined to win because God says that I already have.
 
My family on the other hand have been catching the short-end-of-the-stick. I have been so unfair to them. And now, only I can make it right. I have delusioned myself into thinking that everything about our home is going to straighten out just by wishful thinking. It's not, it won't, and it can't. God did not design it that way. He said that faith without works is dead. That, my friend, says that I have to do something. I've got to prioritize my priorities. It's all just a matter of me taking the first step. My problem is I worry too much sometimes.  I make mountains out of mole hills for myself. And instead of me moving forward, I remain stagnant. I walk with my eyes and not with my faith.
 
God has been ever so merciful to me. I thank Him for every bit of it. I'm glad to know that He knows what He has placed within me. I'm glad to know that He has enabled me and filled me with hope for change. I don't want to be all about talk when it comes to doing what I know I should do. Heaven forbid that I continue to sin after God has nailed my sins to the cross. The Bible says that he who knows to do right and does not do it, to him it is sin (James 4:17; paraphrased).
 
One day soon, my story will be the brightest ever. As you take this journey with me, dear friend or family, you too are going to be witness of the transformation that is going to take place in my home. But for now that transformation starts right here in me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment