Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Monday, August 12, 2013

A Blessing with Your Name On It

Get Ready


Every Sunday in our worship service as we take up offering, we sing a song called "God's Got a Blessing".

"Get ready for your blessing. Get ready for your miracle!
God's got a blessing with your (my) name on it!"
 
Upon singing this song one Sunday morning not too long ago, it's like I kept hearing God speak to my heart. And what He was saying was "Prepare yourself!" I mean, in so many words, that's what the song says right? I heard the question, "If I have a blessing with your name on it, what are you doing to receive it? Prepare yourself!" Wow!
 
The Bible says that God calls us by our name.
 
"But now, thus says the LORD, who
created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you,
O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name; You are Mine."
(Isaiah 43:1)
 
When Samuel was a young boy under the care of Eli the Priest, while sleeping, he heard the calling of his name (1 Samuel 3:3-10). This happened on more than one occasion. And each time, he thought that Eli was the one calling him. But Eli stated that he was not the one calling Samuel. He told him that it was God calling him. Eli told Samuel that the next time he heard the voice calling to answer Him. Upon further reading, we find that Samuel did just as he was told. God told Samuel that very day of something that He was going to do.
 
In these particular verses of scripture, you will see that God did not prophesy a blessing to Samuel that day. But the point that is being made is that He called Samuel by name. Friend, God does the same with you. He calls you by name. He calls you to bless you. God has a blessing with your name on it. What will you do to receive it? As my heart pondered over this question, I began to see all of the things that I could do to prepare myself for what God has for me. I want what He has for me. If my name is on it then it is mine. It wasn't meant for anyone else but me. My name is on it.
 
I write to tell you today that the blessing God has for you has your name on it. Seek His face. Ask God to show you the way in which He wants you to prepare to receive it. Cultivate the good ground for the seed of the blessing to be planted. Your harvest awaits! This blessing has come to make you rich in the things of God (Proverbs 10:22). Do you not want it? I believe that you do. And if you are like me, there are days when it seems that God couldn't want to bless you. In all your shortcomings, failures, and mistakes. But just like me, friend, you are wrong.
 
We are not supposed to focus on what is before us. We are not to try to figure out the how's and why's. No, that is to be left up to God. If He is the One saying that He is blessing you, who are you to say that He's not? "Prepare yourself!" Leave the rest to God.  There is a part you have to do. And as you do your part, trust and believe, God is going to do His. Receive the blessing.
 
"Now the LORD came and stood and called as at other times,
"Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel answered,
"Speak, for Your servant hears."
(1 Samuel 3:10)
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment