Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Thursday, July 25, 2013

Look For Opportunities to Tell Them About Christ

Principle #5

 
 
Me: "You mean to tell me that you used to persecute Christians who lived and spoke for Jesus Christ, and now you yourself is a Christian?

Paul: Yes, that is what I am saying. In my writings I considered myself the chief of sinners. I unknowingly persecuted Jesus Christ. Here it is, He died to save sinners....and I......I took every opportunity I could to persecute them. And all the while I was  persecuting them, I was persecuting Him. It wasn't until that day that He met me on that road in my travels. That day I realized the error of my ways. That day turned my whole life around. And just as I took every opportunity to persecute His saints, I then took every opportunity to tell people about Christ.

Paul, the chief of sinners, looked for opportunities to tell people about Jesus Christ. He became all things to all men that he may save some. He humbled himself so to where upon any opportunity he had, he told and spoke of his Lord and Savior. Friends, this brings us to our last and final principle of the 5 Important Principles for Ministry: "Look for opportunities to tell people about Christ."

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance,
that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,
of whom I am chief. (1 Timothy 1:15)

I am currently a student on the journey to obtain a license in Cosmetology. All of my life I have been obsessed with the world of beauty. Not so that it consumes me. But I love the creative side that comes with it. And the finished product of a hairstyle or makeover excites me. Being a student places me around a lot of people saved and unsaved. And with that, I hear and see a lot. But while I'm there, my eyes and ears are always open for an opportunity to share Jesus Christ. Being that I know all too well what having Him in your life can do for you, I seek to willingly share Him with others. It's my calling. It's what I was created for. I was chosen by God for such a time as this (John 15:16).

In order for us to tell people about Jesus, we must first have a personal relationship with Him ourselves. We must first know Him (John 17:3). Can you imagine trying to tell someone about somebody that you don't know? What would you look like? I suspect a person who is puzzled, searching for words to describe the person and not knowing really what to say. A wasted effort if you ask me. But when you know someone, you will have no problem in telling the other person about that person. Why? Because you know. It's like having a friend that you've known for a long time. You guys have laughed and cried together. You gone places together. You've shared your most personal thoughts with one another. You've confided and still do confide in each other. When you think about that person that you've known for so long, the opportunity to tell someone about him or her is a delight.

It's the same way with Jesus Christ. The Bible says that we are to be ready in and out of season to tell someone the Good News. There is so much of creation that need to know about Him and what He died for in order that they may receive. He died that they may have life. And when we tell someone about Jesus, we are speaking into them life. Every word of God is a seed that once it is released, has been sown to bring about a dynamic change. When you start talking about Jesus, an atmosphere comes about that is beyond anyone's explanation. It is meant to be that way for the purpose of bringing light and life into another individual who may be living in darkness.

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.
The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(John 6:63)

Children of God should never turn away from an opportunity to tell someone about Jesus. We have been freely given life. And God raises us up in order that we may be used by Him to freely give it to someone else. God is all about His kingdom. He's all about redeeming His creation back unto Him. Nothing is more precious to Him than you and I. We have no clue as to what people go through on a daily basis. Yet, those who have a relationship with Jesus know all to well what speaking of Him can do for one's soul. What He did for you, He desires to do it for someone else.

God has given His children the tongue of the learned, that we may be able to speak a word in season to those who are weary (Isaiah 50:4). Once you become a child of God, it becomes your duty to lift up the name of His Son. For in lifting up that name, all men will be drawn unto Him. Finding common ground, avoiding a know-it-all attitude, making others feel accepted, being sensitive to their needs and concerns and last but not least, looking for opportunities to tell them about Christ is what effective ministry is all about. Although God richly gives us material things to enjoy, He is not concerned with these things as much as He is concerned with His people. Remember, he who saves a soul is wise.

He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood,
and His name is called The Word of God.
(Revelation 19:13)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment