Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Friday, September 20, 2013

The Face of Innocence

 
He stands looking. Unaware of his stare, his mind is running with so many thoughts. Need fills his eyes. As I look at him, he looks back at me. "What are you saying to me?", I wonder. Your voice I cannot hear. But your eyes, your eyes are doing the talking. I see before me, the face of innocence.
"You precious child." I think to myself. Somehow, from the look on his face, I can sense the need that he has. It's as if, I already know. "He needs a sponsor". He needs someone who cares. He needs hope. He needs love.
 
I relate back to my own children. I recall times when I looked at them, stared into their eyes, and knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that they needed me. That's when I wanted to help them in every way that I could. I desired within my heart to give them hope. And just like my children's eyes, this little guys eyes scream out the need to be loved. What looks as a silent whisper is more of a desperate cry. Underneath, the smudge-stained shirt is a heart that beats. A heart that longs for affection. And when you wipe away the dirt from his face, again you shall see that face. The one that speaks of innocence.
 
I realize that he didn't choose the life that he is living. But yet, he lives. He walks, he talks, he plays. He's human like you and me. And like you and me, he has a need. Like the many others I've seen, I'm not able to ignore the fact that he has a need. And although, I can't help them all, I can help one. Will you help him? Don't pretend that you can't see his need. He needs you. Become his sponsor today. Nuture this face of innocence. Click the link below.

#compassionbloggers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment