Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Sunday, June 23, 2013

He Looks at Your Faith - Part 2

Clarification

The other day I wrote a post about faith being accounted as righteousness before God. In this post, I stated that God does not look at your works, but your faith. After I made this post, I had a sister in Christ inbox me with the scriptures coming from "James 2:14-18".

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,' but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, 'You have faith, and I have works.' Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Reading over these verses, I felt led to clarify some things about my previous post. Let me first say, that I do not object to anything in these verses or the fact that my sister in Christ felt led to share them with me. It is the word of the living God. In fact, I thank her for them. It shows me that she cares enough about me that she wants me to not be in error of God's word. Friend, she is doing what she has been ordained to do.

I'm going to ask that you will read over these verses one more time before you proceed to reading the rest of this post. The verses above help clarify why God accounted Abraham's faith to him as righteousness. When God told Abraham that He would give Him an heir, Abraham believed him (Genesis 15:6). But Abraham also had to do something. Abraham, at the appointed time, had to sleep with Sarah. It was then that she conceived Isaac, the promised heir. Abraham's faith in God led him to do the works that led to the conception of Isaac.

This matter of works is a totally different matter than the one I discussed in my previous post. However, for you to have the full understanding of it is just as important. In both matters of faith, God still looks at your faith and not your works. One has to do with you believing in God to make you righteous rather than you thinking that you have to do everything right or by the book. It has to do with you not allowing the enemy the room to make you think that you are a worthless person because you make a mistake. The other has to do with you believing in God and your faith in God causes you to keep yourself pure before God.

Hebrews 11:6 says that without faith it is impossible to please God. And what James is saying in the scriptures above coincides with that. Your faith in God drives you to live the righteous life that Jesus died for you to live. Your faith in God drives you to want to be the best that you can be before God. Even if you make a mistake, you repent, get up, dust off, and keep going............by faith. My brother, my sister, every work that you do before the eyes of our Father in heaven will not be perfect. But the fact that you have faith in Him allows him not to look at your works. He looks at your faith for the reason why you do the works.

Abraham's faith in God had to show that he believed in God. Put it this way, I don't believe you or I would be confessing to be a child of God while the things we do and say scream everything but a child of God. Your faith in God produces the fruit of that faith. When you love God, you will obey God. When God is the driving force of your faith, you will have works. You will change the way you talk, walk, think and act. Yes, faith without works is dead. But the predominant factor here is this........God does not want you to think that the things you do is what makes you righteous before Him. Your faith.......your faith is what He sees above everything else. Your faith in why you live the way you live and do what you do to glorify Him is what He sees. Again I say, God looks at your faith.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment