Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." ~Proverbs 4:7




Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Measure of Faith

I'm humbled by the opportunity that has been given me to write after such a long time away. The time that I have been gone was time much needed to reflect, prioritize, pray and pray some more. When it comes to the progress of my home building, I believe that we are well on our way. The privilege God has given to be able to come to the throne of grace and let my requests be made known is one that I hold dear to my heart (Hebrews 4:6). So shall I let you in?

The word of God says that God has dealt to every man a measure of faith. That includes me. And the reason for that measure of faith is so that He can carry out His will and purpose in our lives. The book of Hebrews states that without faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). You cannot call yourself a believer of God and have no faith. The two are contrary to each other. But when joined together, they are a mighty force in our lives. Or should I say my life? Over the course of days, I've realized a lot of things: 1. Faith in God is what allows me to carry out the works of God. 2. I am powerless without faith. 3. I have everything I need in God alone through faith. I do not feel led to go any further than that. But I close on this note that now works must follow my faith (James 2:26). I must do the things necessary and make the necessary sacrifices to show my family that I love them. Most importantly, God loves them more. I know the steps that I've made since my last post are stepping stones to victory in Christ Jesus. Blessings.

So as the body without the spirit is dead, 
so faith without works is dead also.
(James 2:26)







No comments:

Post a Comment